Monday, November 29, 2010

I Fancy This Inn!








The town of Greeley has never conjured up images of class or elegance for me. When it comes to mind, I tend to think of the lovely people I know who live there and... well... the cow poop (I had to say it). But the Sod Buster Inn (website under construction by Acorn) has really turned me around! Now, when I think of Greeley, I think fond thoughts of one lovely couple from Britain who is changing my mind and bringing an uptown feel to one of Colorado's more blue collar towns. This couple is a TREAT to be around and their inn is beautiful - with 10 rooms to share! The shoot was a bit long – 11 hours – but I never got bored and never bruised myself :)

Here's what I wrote in my journal the day after the shoot:

I love this place! I love Derek & Stephanie; they're just lovely. This inn is beautiful, they are beautiful, and I had a beautiful time. I hope this one succeeds! They just moved here 12 weeks ago from England to start this inn, but they've lived all over – Japan, Nigeria, Greece, Indiana, and England. I've never been treated so graciously and like "part of the family" by any innkeeper before. Stephanie bought lunch for me yesterday, she helped me behind the scenes as my "flunkie," and after the shoot was over the poured a glass of wine for the 3 of us to sit down and toast to celebrate! Then, they insisted on me having dinner with them! So lovely...

And here's what I had to say in their guestbook upon checking out from my (11 hour!) photo shoot:

WOW. I have stayed in a lot of B&B's and taken lots of pictures. And I may take the pictures, but you, Derek & Stephanie, take the cake. Your hospitality was above and beyond. I can tell you really care about the people who come through the Sod Buster, and that makes me know that people really will leave as your friends. I know I am! Much love to you both. If kindness and hospitality make a business successful, this should be a Fortune 500 Company :)

Long story short: go visit these people. You won't be sorry!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the kitty in one of your shots. . .perfection :) I'm so glad the Lord is blessing you with all sorts of opportunities to be creative and capture his beauty. To his glory :) Love you!

Unknown said...

Allison THANK YOU SO MUCH!! We loved meeting you.... we just got the photo file from Annie at Acorn... you did a GREAT JOB!!

Come by and see us......we decorated for Christmas...... the outside is smothered in white lights and the tree in the lobby must be 20 feet tall.... has 1600 lights and took 6 hours to decorate!!

Katie Wright said...

Love the photos! Awesome staircase! Wish I lived closer to this place. :) Hope that wine didn't go to waste...

Anonymous said...

YOU,

html, body { background: url('bgimage.jpg') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }