Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Destination: Wedding!


This summer has been a combination of things that I love: traveling to beautiful places, telling stories through photos, and being with wonderful people! I feel so blessed to have set my eyes on some of the places I've visited this wedding season. From the gardens of England, to the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico to an Indian wedding near Aspen, to the wildflower ridden hills of Crested Butte, this summer has rocked my world! Not only were these places lovely, but these people also... some of them have been my dear friends for years and some I've only just met, but I had a genuine blast at each one of these sacred events.

At the last wedding, I received one of the greatest compliments of my life. Before I get to that, there's one thing you should know about me: I LOVE to dance. I've even had friends tell me I should market myself as The Dancing Photographer. So I was dancing to some hip hop in between photo ops with these lovely Indian women (and with the bride's permission, of course), and one of them came up to me at the end of the night with her lovely accent and said, "Ohhh, Allison, watching you dance is like watching Cirque de Soleil." Speechless. So many emotions. Could've died happy... as long as she meant it as a good thing  :) 


Small showcase of the dance moves.










The BFF and I. Showcasing our full service photography. We make signs, we take kids to the potty, and of course, we sing when "Don't Stop Believin'" comes on. 


Here are some highlight shots from the summer:



Windsor, England.



St. Petersburg, Florida.

the breathtaking Crested Butte, Colorado





Glenwood Springs, Colorado



1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love that you get to travel AND dance AND take pictures. . .for your job! You hit the jackpot, dear friend! Jesus is good!

html, body { background: url('bgimage.jpg') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }