Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy Berfday, 'Merica!

Being the photographer for COPPeR is a thing that I love. They do so many wonderful things in our community by keeping arts organizations connected and by hosting PeakRadar.com, which is a website that will tell you all things artsy going on in Colorado Springs. They are awesome! But what I also love are the events I am privvy to because of my relationship with them. They are always so fun to shoot!

This 4th of July, they asked me to photograph the COS Philharmonic performing at the US Air Force Academy before the big fireworks show. I was not aware before the event that I would need some sort of special pass to get onto the field, so luckily I ran into Roslyn Block of the Philharmonic who graciously gave me her extra performers' pass. Next thing I knew I was down on the football field and climbing onto the side of the stage getting to play with my new 85 mm lens (that I'm in love with)! My wonderful roommates tagged along for this event, which was SO fun, so I'll have to include some shots of them enjoying the fireworks :) If you're looking for something to do next 4th, I highly recommend this event– great music, a little dancing, kids painted red, white, & blue, and a breathtaking fireworks display! (just don't try to bring in a water bottle that's already been opened... or your own cooler... or snacks... or weapons... or fireworks... or puppies... *sigh*)










No comments:

html, body { background: url('bgimage.jpg') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }