Thursday, August 05, 2010

Latigo!

I love shooting for COPPeR! This organization does SO much for our community, specifically for the arts community, and I'm proud to work as their official photographer. They run a website called Peak Radar that is chock full of exciting (and sometimes f-r-e-e) cultural events happening in Colorado Springs.

Having said that, now I am glad to tell you about this concert COPPeR had me photograph for them the other day. Latigo. According to Wikipedia, latigo has 4 definitions:

Latigo has four meanings: Latigo Is a type of leather used on saddles to help them stay in place. It is part of the girth. For a definition on girth please refer to the folllowing lnk:

Latigo is also an automobile

Latigo can also refer to a newpaper comic strip by Stan Lynde.

Latigo can also refer to a Mexican-American Surname and/or Last Name. It also came from Spain and expanded to Mexico Throughout The U.S. Ex. Pancho A. Latigo.


Those sound pretty nice and all (especially the name Pancho Latigo), but they failed to mention the up and coming country band from here in Colorado! Now, I really don't like country music, which I feel shameful about sometimes seeing as that I'm from Nashville. But, I just can't get into it. This band was really fun, though, and I was surprised at the number of people up north who came out to 1st & Main off Powers & Carefree to sit in the grassy field in front of a movie theater and rock out for a few hours. It was so fun! There were cute kids playing, teenage boys dancing, older people flapping fans, and the lead singer ... well, he was either flirting with me or the camera. But the camera sure did love him, so I guess that's better than nothing :)













No comments:

html, body { background: url('bgimage.jpg') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }