Friday, February 13, 2009

Sean & Rachel






This was the first time I got to brave the snow in a wedding photo shoot, and what a glorious day it was! I feel that I've had the privilege to work
with such kind, caring, and thoughtful brides in my career thus far, and Rachel was no exception. She and Sean met in high school here in Colorado and started dating shortly after. I've also photographed her brother for his senior pictures and her parents' bed & breakfast for their website (
www.rockymountainlodge.com). Their inn is perfect; it's exactly what comes to your mind when you think of COLORADO! Chunky snow on the trees, real log cabin, mountains in the background ... Ahhhh. Glory. One tradition Rachel's dad has is that he doesn't like to see his daughters until he's about to walk them down the aisle. He didn't even let them show him their dresses! So, of course, he loses it a little and their weddings can turn into a big tear fest for everyone! This time, he budged a little and decided to see Rachel a few minutes in her dressing room a few minutes before the ceremony began. One thing I love about my job is that's not awkward for me be around to witness these precious, timeless moments between family and friends -- if I was just a normal guest I would get kicked out when these moments come and go! But my camera is my ticket into all kinds of intimate moments reserved for the closest of friends. I love it! And I loved getting to work with Sean and Rachel ... best of luck to you 2 out in your new South Carolina adventure!

1 comment:

L.C.T. said...

Oh oh ooooooooooh I miss Colorado. And I miss you. BEAUTIFUL photos.

html, body { background: url('bgimage.jpg') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }